MY TOP FIVE – MANGO
I recently put in an order for quite a few spring tops from Mango and had hoped (for my bank balance’s sake) I would be able to return a number of them. When they arrived I was slightly nervous to discover that I loved nearly all of them and am now in the predicament of deciding which ones to keep. Lots of the new season range is absolutely gorgeous with interesting shapes & and fab crisp, clean colours for spring.
My top five are;
- Blue Floral Embroidered top £49.99 Blue and white is always a favourite of mine, but with the added embroidery this top has to be my favourite of the five. So classic and easy to wear in the spring and summer. This will be great for everyday with jeans and as the weather gets a bit warmer with shorts (which I live in in the summer – weather permitting).
2. Lace Applique Blouse £35.99 What I like about this top is it will take me from day to evening, and can be dressed up or down. Its fairly thin so good for milder weather. I recently, however, wore it for a lunch in London under my Miranda Dunn coat which kept me beautifully warm. The lace detail is so delicate and adds interest to a simple but elegant top.
3. Pale Pink and White Stripe Poplin Blouse £19.99 So simple, cute and great value. Again, classic colours and perfect for teaming with jeans or shorts. I added a red belt to tie in with the pink and red theme that seems to be everywhere at the moment.
4. Flowy Blouse £39.99 This could be another really useful top for spring. I was drawn to it because of my love of bows and ribbons! If the ribbon is loosened it can also be worn off the shoulder.
5. Guipure Blouse £29.99 How amazing is this top… I have had so much use out of my cream Monsoon lace top (I sure you know the one I mean!) that I think this one will be a fantastic black alternative. Needless to say, it looks far better on the beautiful girl on the Mango website teamed with the most fantastic velvet trousers (definitely worth a look, & the trousers are in the sale!)
One of the tops that I wanted to love, having seen it appear a couple of times on insta and which looked amazing, was the Ruffle Printed Blouse £35.99. Incidentally it was this top that prompted me to put in this fairly large Mango order. I am usually very partial to a ruffle but sadly this ruffle was even a bit too ruffley for me. This was not helped by the top being too big which seemed to magnify the ruffle even more! So it, along with a few others will be winging their way back to Mango… phew!